Search engines modifiers have been trying for many years to find a system to give back the best results to the searcher.
To reach its goal they take into account the on-site SEO factors, Off page SEO factors and also some other ranking factors.
Off page SEO gives them a well-going indication of how the world is taking the specific website.
A website that is more useful with high quality is more likely to have references or links from other websites; it is more expected to be bookmarked and shared in the social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. also among communities of like-minded users.
So learning these tips for off page SEO will enable you to exploit the algorithm of Google & secure a better place in the ranking.
Benefits of ‘off-site SEO’ to website owners?
Following benefits will be generated to website owners by a successful off-site SEO strategy.
- Increase in rankings – The website will be advanced ranked in the SERPs, and this also means more circulation.
- Increase in PageRank – Page rank indicates the importance of a website in the eyes of Google within a number between 0 and 10. It is the system invented by Larry Page and Sergey Brin who are the Google founders, and this is one of the reasons that Google was so successful in showing the most relevant results to the searcher. Page rank nowadays is only one out of the 250 issues that Google is using to rank websites.
- More exposure – To boost the rank in higher position also means greater exposure because when a website ranks in the top positions: it gets more social media mentions, more links, and more visits. It’s like a never-ending arrangement of events where one thing leads to another and then to another etc.
Off page SEO focuses on,
- Increasing the authority of a domain through the act of getting links from other websites.
There’s a term called “Domain Authority” that calculates how trustworthy your website is comparing to other sites. You can type the domain name into there to see the score.
The most important Off page SEO factor is the number and quality of backlinks to your website. Some examples of ways you can build links to your website are:
- Creating tremendous content that people want to link to because it is valuable.
- Social media shares of your content that ultimately generate links.
- Outreach e-mails to influencers in your industry that ultimately link to you.
- Guest blogging on sites related to yours. These guest posts will have links back to your site.
Off page SEO factors
Tips for Off page SEO depend on the Off page SEO factors and there are hundreds of factors that the Google algorithms look at while ranking a page. And to make SEO even more useful, not all factors are weighted the same.
Here are some of the most useful or important factors that will help your Off page SEO and boost your PageRank:
Number of Inbound Links
Boosting your search engine ratings is the number of other web pages that have links pointing to your website is far the biggest force behind.
A hyperlink to a page counts as a vote of support for that page to the search engine bar. Like the more links you have pointed to your pages, the more “votes” you will have in the eyes of Google, and, to a lesser extent, the other search engines.
Traffic Travis offers a few ways of seeing the number of links pointing to your own site.
Using the Backlinks analysis tool is the most useful way of doing this. It is also important to use a majority of your links from unique domains. So rather than having all the links from A Site, you can have a few from it, a few from Site B, Site C and so on.
For checking your links, add your website or page to the “Pages to Analyze” section, click “Analyze,” when the results are there press the “Overview” button. This will avail you to see the number of links your site has in total.
Anchor Text to Specific Pages
When linking, the text that appears as the hyperlink is called the anchor text. Fora useful Off page SEO purpose, you may like to have links to your keywords as anchor text. This will help the search engines correctly identify what your pages are about, and know for which keywords they should be ranking.
Varying the anchor text is extremely important after Google has last updated its couple of algorithm. It is possible to avoid over-optimization by keeping links that have your keywords as anchor text to around 15-20 percent.
For the others, you can use:
- Naked URL, eg, www.pagename.com
- Brand Name
- Generic calls to action: e.g., “read more” or “click here.”
- Long tail keyword.
- Your name: It usually occurs when creating comment links
The whole point here is to make things look as natural as possible.
Quality of Links
Not all links have the same value or quality. It differs and quality matters.
Links from well-established sites, especially those are considered an authority in your function, are much more valued than links from more vague sites.
The type of sites that are more valued include:
- High PR websites.
- .edu or .gov websites.
- Authority sites in your niche.
- Sites that have been around for a long time.
- Sites that are relevant to your topic
When possible, try to use your exact or more suitable keywords as anchor text with the high-quality links.
Link Building Speed
Another important thing to the factors of Off page SEO is to take note of the rate at which your website is building links.
However, you don’t want to build links unnaturally fast, or create a huge number in one hit and then stop.
Unnatural link profile can raise the suspicion of search engines and result in your site being penalized. Brand new sites are always at the risk of this penalty though old sites get preference from Google. Search engines know what is natural and what is not. Building 10,000 low-quality links in one day when your site is 20 days old just don’t look right.
Tips for Off page SEO will be perfectly useful for your webpage when your checklist is done with these followings:
- Extent your inbound links and their value and there are so many ways to do this. The best one is to plug your site URL into Open Site Explorer.
- You can explore all inbound links with Open Site Explorer. Also can see your top-linked pages and sort them by linking domains. With this, you can also explore the anchor text that other sites use to link with you, and compare your metrics with opponents.
- For getting other similar links, scan your highest-authority inbound links.
- Inbound links from non-profit (.org) and education (.edu) sites are especially powerful.
Your inbound links will be built steadily as Google algorithms will notice, and may castigate a quick buildup of links.